Zombie Sheep Experiment

Monday, August 07, 2006

Stash Projects

Despite the fact that I now have at least two more sheep, a llama/alpaca and two hedgehogs to do as gifts, I'm also trying to decide what to do with more of my stash yarn.

Yesterday, I started the corner of a throw using a base yarn and random bulky-weight accent yarns. I frogged it a handful of times as I was starting, trying to decide what size needles to use. The book suggests 17s, but it felt too loose the first time, possibly because my base yarn is worsted rather than bulky. So I dropped down to size 15, which was ok, but I ended up frogging again for other reasons. Then I added a second strand of base yarn, to see how that went.

Doesn't photograph very well, but here's what I have so far. You can see all the yarn hanging off the first one, because I was too cheap to cut any of it until I was sure I was happy with it.


Now I'm thinking it might be too tight, meaning I should go back up to 17s. Or take the second base yarn (the cream) back out, because I'm not sure I like it. I'm also not sure I want to use the two eyelash yarns (the last four mostly cream rows) either. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home