Zombie Sheep Experiment

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Zombie Sheep Experiment



One of my jewelry/knitting friends graduated from college recently (having started again in her late 20s), and we are having a surprise party for her tonight, with knitting and good bad movies. Kristin is the one who pointed me to the knitted zombies web page, so she is the recipient of my first (only?) attempt at a zombified version of the felted sheep pattern.
Yarn:Galway (100% wool - worsted)
Colors:60, 107, 127
Pattern:Fiber Trends "A Felted Flock"
Needles:11

I didn't really have a set plan going into this - I just tried a bunch of random things at various points in the construction, to see which worked best. At times, I held two strands together (the main yellowish and the fleshy pink color). At times, I did some pseudo-intarsia to create pink or green blotches. I created some two- and three-stitch I-cord and tacked it on as trailing guts and festering wound stuff. I picked up and knit stitches to create a skin flap over a blotch area. I oversewed to add some extra color at one place.

Here's a pair of pics of how things looked before felting.


And a few more pics of the final result.
 

Hopefully, she'll like it. :-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home