Zombie Sheep Experiment

Friday, April 21, 2006

What to Knit

I want to try a new sweater for myself, and I just saw this intriguing caftan in the new issue of Interweave Knits. It's the third picture down on this page.

However, it takes twenty-two to twenty-four balls of Berrocco's Ultra Silk, which is normally $9 a ball. WAAAYYY too expensive, and I can't seem to find a comparable yarn anywhere (it's a tube of silk/rayon around a rayon core). But wait! WEBS has it on sale right now for $6 a ball. That's still over $130 worth of yarn, but....

Another option is this "kimono style" sweater from KnitPicks. Enough Elegance yarn for my size would be around $60 instead. Hmmm.

I'm not really certain either sweater would look good on me, though. Some sweaters just don't size up all that nicely.

Anyone got an opinion? Or other ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home