Zombie Sheep Experiment

Monday, February 27, 2006

Pick a Stitch

I am traveling to FL for work tomorrow night (returning Friday evening), and I want to take a quick knitting project along with me for airport/airplane/hotel room time. I have a skein of Rio de la Plata multi (Fuscia Red/Green #69), or two skeins of Berroco Hip-Hop (Phantasma, #7262), and I need to decide which to do and what to make.

Obviously, a scarf is easiest and fastest and won't need more yarn than I have, but I can't decide what stitch would show off the lovely colors as well as the thick-and-thin nature of the yarn best. I started with the Rio last night in a moss rib, but that stitch feels too rigid/regimented for the fluid nature of the color and the yarn.

Do I just do a basic 1/1 rib on bigger needles (similar to my Flames scarf)? Do I try a nice diagonal rib or knit on the bias? How about rice stitch or something else like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home