Zombie Sheep Experiment

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

One Year Later

It's been slightly over a year since I taught myself to knit (at the instigation of the jewelry ladies). In that time, I've completed:
  • Two baby afghans
  • Six scarves
  • One wrap
  • One felted purse
  • One felted hat
  • One baby hoodie*
Doesn't seem like much, but I guess it's ok since I also made four music videos, took a whole bunch of jewelry classes, and, of course actually went to work and out with friends during that time. :D

Plus, there's a bunch of stuff in "time out" as well as some experiments that may or may not turn into something.

Things in "time out"

Baby afghan 3

Started in the fall, not really touched since December?

Baby afghan 4

Started in the late summer/fall and not really touched since November?

Color block sweater

I got one side done and then started the second, then put it aside. Chunky yarn, so it's definitely not a summer sweater, so we'll see when I get it done.

Experiments in mosaic


Black/gray/pink

(Sorry about the blurry picture.) I thought I might make a scarf like this - I had a whole pattern worked out for switching through the colors in a great sequence - but the large amount of slip stitches makes it rather heavy/stiff, so I might need to try again on a lighter yarn.

Tweedy

I liked this pattern in my stitches book, but it didn't turn out as well with this yarn/needle size/colors combination. I'll probably frog this one at some point.

Felted diamonds

I have an idea to make a nice felted purse with this pattern (adapting one of the purses in the Pursenalities book). I haven't decided how I want to do the ends yet, though, since in the book she switches from knit to purl to help build a sharp corner, and I can't do that with a slip stich mosaic pattern.

I also have another scarf started, using one of the lovely handspun yarns in a traveling rib pattern, but I can't decide if that's the best use of the yarn (no pics yet, sorry). And I have an experiment in mosaic that I'm not showing because, if it works out well, it'll be a gift for someone.

Finally, I will finish knitting (and hopefully felt) my sheep tonight, and I'm happily working on my first glove. So I guess I'm doing ok. :D

*Ok, so it's not quite done, but I just need to sew the sleeve seams, add the buttons and then block it one more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home