Zombie Sheep Experiment

Monday, August 21, 2006

Purse W.I.P.

I knitted up the mitered purse from the "Yarn Stash Workbook," and am now stuck trying to teach myself how to do a row of reverse single crochet around the edge of the top and the flap.

I've reviewed every book/magazine I have that has pictures of crochet stitches. I asked a friend who used to do crochet at class on Saturday, and we thought we'd figured it out. When I went home and tried it myself, however, I ended up pulling it out and starting over a half dozen times, because it just didn't look right. Grawr.

I probably need to pull out my practice yarn and just do a swatch of regular crochet rows, then finish off with a reverse crochet row for practice, with yarn that's easier to see than the stuff I used for the purse. But if anyone knows any helpful references online, let me know. :D




p.s. If I ever get the edging done, last steps are to do a braided strap (three 3-stitch pieces of I-cord). I'll probably add a button or something to the flap, since I didn't include beads on the first row, and thus it may not stay closed just by its weight alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home