Zombie Sheep Experiment

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A-Froggin' We Will Go

Months (and months) ago, I picked up a single skein of the absolutely gorgeous Fuchsia Red and Green hand dyed wool by Rio de la Plata. I just couldn't resist the softness, the glorious colors, the thick-and-thin structure.

With only one skein in hand (stash), I figured best use would be a scarf, right? I wanted to find a stitch that would show off the colorway and the quality best, so I pulled out my stitch dictionaries and eventually settled on a travelling rib pattern.

I knitted up the first six inches or so, and then put it aside as other projects took over.

And it sat, and it sat, and it sat. And I'd lose track of the project bag, then find it again, pull it out and look at it, and fail to continue.

So that wonderful yarn was just sitting there, forlorn and nearly forgotten, and I wasn't really sure why.

Yesterday, however, I decided it was finally time to do something about it. I found the bag, pulled out the scarf-in-progress, looked at it, I held it against my cheek, sniffed it and fondled it. :)

And then I frogged it.

I think, ultimately, I just wasn't that happy with the selected stitch. It really calls for something else (perhaps a woven stitch of some kind)? So now the (very kinked) yarn is all back in a ball, where it will sit for (hopefully) only a little while longer, while I ponder on patterns again.

But somehow I feel better about it all, knowing that it's now a ball with potential, not a scarf that will languish.

Just Before Frogging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home